Two things, really…
1) It’s truly a blessing that my husband holds me accountable to a budget, or I would buy the entire fall line at baby gap.
I tried to ignore the e-mail in my inbox, on Saturday, from baby gap. But, I didn’t. I ended up browsing the fall collection instead. I haven’t even looked beyond the 0-24 month sizes, because I have zero will-power [which is where #1 above comes in]. Here are my favorites [which is where #2 above comes in].
bear sweater hat | checkered shirt | chambray one-piece | puffer vest | stripe pocket one-piece
gingham button-up one-piece | color block bike one-piece | stripe sweater one-piece
wild + bear
Bold tees for your little man, inspired by living wild and free — as a boy’s life should be. Launching: August 1, 2014
[instagram shop started by @shopthewildthings, sweet mom to those handsome boys up there, and @bestdressedbear // keep this shop on your radar because there are bound to be good things coming from them]
[I am giddy over the back-to-school looks coming out. I mean, I realize it’s July and you might want to punch me for even bringing up back-to-school/fall weather, but I am a nerd and I love the supply shopping and the wardrobe updating and the smell of fall in the air. I do not love winter, so if we could pause at autumn and resume late spring that’d be great. I popped in to carter’s quickly the other day and drooled over that jacket and the new plaid.]
crewcuts [by J. Crew] + peek kids
[I am definitely going to attempt to dress The Oldest in this outfit on the left, based on pieces we already have in the closet | these jeans are on clearance at peek kids, I purchased and adore! I love the bleached out wash and the slouchy-yet-fitted look | I am a sucker for all things raglan/baseball tee and oh, New Balance, you are knocking it out of the ball park with shoes this season seewhatididthere]
[After putting this collage together, I can only wonder if raising Three Boys is rubbing off on me a bit, but on the other hand, all of these pieces have such a feminine touch. I do know that I like to feel put together, but also comfy. I’ve had my eye on this hat for a couple of months, waiting for it to go on sale! >> nike sneakers | old navy cropped sweater | chambray cap | boyfriend jeans]
1) Women’s Vintage-Style V-neck Tees: super comfy and versatile, and my daily go-to tee. I love the length of these. They can be worn alone, easily layered :: dressed up with a statement necklace or dressed down with a basic pair of shorts, jeans, or leggings. [30% off right now!]
2) Gap Sexy Boyfriend Short: these are the best fitting shorts I have found in the last few years. These have a flattering fit through the waist and hip area for me [I love that when I sit down, I don’t feel the constant need to make sure I have pulled these up first, if you know what I’m saying] and I love the inseam length. [40% off right now!]
3) Birkenstock Gizeh Birkibuc: the best sandal, ever. They take some breaking in, so you may have to wear them around the house before attempting them in public, but once they mold to your foot, you’ll never look back. [I also love this style.]
4) C9 by Champion Seamless Sports Bra: these are awesome for an intense work-out [running &/or lifting]. Also, if I am not dressing up for the day and just sporting the summer basics from this post, this is my favorite. [and, currently buy one get one 50% off combined with select colors on sale right now!]
5) Nike Women’s Running Tempo Track Shorts: these are my favorite shorts for the obvious, running. However, these are also my go-to for a day of housework, play days, or running quick errands.
Sometimes, finding unique + affordable boys’ clothing is difficult [at least for me, brick + mortar shopping in Iowa tends to be a bit limited]. Enter social media + online shopping. Some new-to-me-shops that I adore came to my attention via instagram, perhaps I’m just late to the party, but I wanted to share four of my finds [all of the items we own from these shops, to-date, were purchased via instagram which allows for a pretty great bargain, but you can also find items on sale via the direct sites]:
We have a tee and a hooded sweater from peek. Both are outstanding quality.
On my wishlist:
We purchased a raglan tee via instagram, saving it for back-to-school, so I cannot specifically speak to the quality. Prices are reasonable + clothes are cute :: win.
On my wishlist:
We have two pair of their skinny-fit jeans. Fantastic quality + super handsome. My boys have slender legs and bitty waists, and the jeans fit well.
On my wish list:
We have the “LETS BLAME THE SUGAR” tee. Is it okay that the improper grammar bothers me? [ahem: “LET’S”] However, so cute. This tee is also the softest tee in the boys’s closet. I’m sure I will hang dry because of the material, which is kinda a pain. Because #allthelaundry #itneverends.
On my wishlist:
1) Basic tanks // Little boys in tanks; need I say more? [gap / old navy]
2) Baby Gap denim cut-offs // Normally, denim cut-off shorts are not something I’d find myself drawn to. I saw the look several times on instagram and couldn’t help myself. These are always on sale, too. And really, I have made two pair [from various washes of denim] out of jeans purchased for pennies on the dollar at Goodwill. I list Baby Gap in the description only because I ADORE the way Baby Gap clothing fits my boys.
3) Native Jefferson Shoes [on sale! at REI] // I discovered our first pair of native’s via consignment and quickly snagged another pair via instagram. Similar [old navy | ruum | gap]. It’s really all I can do not to buy these in allthecolors. I love that the boys can slip them on themselves, that they are stinkin’ adorable, and that I can hose them off quickly. They are just safer for outdoor play than flip flops. [I do prefer the texture of the Native’s to the texture of Old Navy, for what it’s worth.]
4) The Original Salt Water sandal by Hoy Shoes // these are supremely classic. I love putting my boys in these for church on Sunday morning, and purchased them originally for their Easter outfits. I would put these with every outfit, but my boys do not enjoy wearing them as much as I enjoy putting them in them. Except the baby, he obliges me with his sea wees. We have these sandals in tan and navy. They are available all over instagram, especially following the account @saltwaterstrade.
5) Wayfarer sunnies // My favorites are the woodgrain sunglasses from Target [similar] & the traditional wayfarer from Baby Gap.